For those in need of extensive restorative or cosmetic dental treatment, Oakton Dental Center is proud to offer full mouth reconstruction services.
What is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
While this may sound like an extensive or intimidating process at first, a full mouth reconstruction simply refers to a group of treatment methods that are used to help patients achieve a functional and beautiful smile.
Procedures used for a full mouth reconstruction include:
- Dental Crowns: Protective caps that are placed over the natural tooth to protect it from damage or decay. Modern crowns are typically made up of a mix of metal and porcelain to provide the look of a natural tooth with the strength of metal to reinforce it.
- Dental Bridge: A bridge is essentially a two-or-more-unit dental crown that is used to replace a missing tooth in the mouth. Two anchor teeth on either side of the space in the mouth are covered with caps, and an adjoining “fake tooth” – known as the pontic – rests upon the gum line to fill the gap in the smile.
- Tooth Bonding: Tooth bonding is used to correct chips or cracks in the tooth. A small amount of resin-like material is applied to the surface of the tooth and is rounded off to ensure an even bite and appearance.
- Periodontal Treatments: Patients with gum disease tend to struggle with negative effects on the health and overall look of the teeth and gums. Periodontal treatments are designed to treat the condition and prevent it from worsening, providing a healthy base for all future treatment.
- Dental Veneers: For those who are looking to change the look of their smile, dental veneers are a fantastic option. Veneers offer complete customization of the shape, size, color, and length of the teeth. In order to place a veneer, a thin layer of enamel is removed from the surface of the tooth. The veneer – which is either made up of porcelain or a resin material – is then cemented into place. The end result is a beautiful new smile that has been customized by the patient.
- Dentures: Dentures are a cost-effective and simple solution for replacing missing teeth. Partial dentures can be used in the case that just a few teeth in the mouth are missing; clasps wrap around anchor teeth in the mouth, and the spaces in the smile are filled wherever needed. Full dentures are used in the case that there are no teeth in the mouth; they are designed to rest on the patient’s gumline – usually held in place with a denture adhesive of some sort – and fill the entire smile line.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are among the best options for replacing missing teeth in the mouth. Implants are placed directly into the jaw bone to mimic the structure of the roots of the teeth. A crown is then placed over the top of the implant to complete the treatment. A dental implant looks and functions just like a natural tooth.
Smile Makeovers in Fairfax and Oakton
Here at Oakton Dental Center, we are proud to provide full mouth reconstruction services in Oakton and the surrounding areas of Fairfax and Vienna. For more information about our Oakton dental office, feel free to contact us.
To get scheduled for dental treatment in Fairfax, give us a call anytime at (703) 938-3405, or use our online appointment scheduler.